Data, Privacy and Terms and Conditions Statement
Refugee Action is committed to protecting your privacy, being transparent on how we use data, clarifying the terms of our digital platforms and social media profiles, as well as our policy on acceptable behaviour.
If you have any queries about this statement, please contact The Data Protection Manager, Refugee Action, Victoria Charity Centre, 11 Belgrave Road, London SW1V 1RB or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Data and Privacy
- What information do we collect?
- Why do we collect this information?
- How do we use the information we collect?
- How can you change your contact details and marketing preferences, or check what information we have about you?
- How can you unsubscribe from our emails, SMS, mail or phone updates?
- How do we protect your peronsal information?
- Do we store your payment details?
- Do we disclose the information we collect to other organisations?
- Do we use third party platforms or tools on our websites?
- Do we refund donations?
Terms and Conditions Statement
- Terms and conditions of using our websites, social media and SMS.
- List of Cookies in use on our website.
- List of third party platforms we use.
- Changes to our Data, Privacy and Terms and Conditions Statement.
What information do we collect?
Refugee Action requests personal and statistical information from you when you take part in particular activities, request information from us, look at our websites or social media profiles.
These activities could include but are not limited to: making a donation, taking part in a campaign action, applying for staff or volunteer positions, requesting to receive our email updates, registering to attend an event, workshop or training course, looking at content, commenting or sharing content.
We collect personal information from the people who use our services, to provide them with assistance, this is normally done via a face-to-face or phone interview.
Why do we collect this information?
We collect statistical information about how our website, social media and email updates are being used. This information helps us improve the services and information we offer you, by providing insights into what content, activities and communications styles are most popular or relevant to our website, email and social media visitors. We use Google Analytics, and the analytical tools of our Third Party platforms and Social Media accounts to collect this information, which is anonymised.
We collect personal information when you give a donation, take part in a campaign action, register for an event, inquire about a volunteer role or apply for a job, request to be added to our email, mail or phone updates, we need to collect personal details so we can appropriately respond to your request or activity.
The types of personal information we will ask you for, and collect could include but is not limited to; Title, name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, payment details, or opinion about an issue. We will also ask you if, and how, you would like us to contact you again, for example via email, mail or phone.
To provide the best support we can to refugees and asylum seekers who access our service, we often need to collect information about them and their experiences.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the personal information you provide us to ensure that any services, products or information you have requested can be fulfilled; donations you have made or campaign actions you supported are properly administered and receipted.
We do not share your personal information with other organisations who can contact you, unless you have explicitly given us permission to do so.
If you requested to receive more information about Refugee Action’s activities and news, we will use the personal contact information you provided to stay in touch with you.
We use the statistical information to improve the services and information we offer, by providing insights into what content, activities and communications styles are most popular or useful to visitors.
The information we collect from our service users is used to provide them with the support they need to rebuild their lives.
How can you change your contact details and marketing preferences or check what information we have about you?
You can request to update your current contact information or marketing preferences or check what personal information Refugee Action might have about you by contacting our Supporter Care Team
Refugee Action, Victoria Charity Centre, 11 Belgrave Road, London SW1V 1RB, Phone:
08458942536 or email email@example.com
How can you unsubscribe from our emails, SMS, mail or phone updates?
You can request to stop receiving our email updates, SMS or phone calls from Refugee Action by contacting us directly on Supporter Care Team
Refugee Action, Victoria Charity Centre, 11 Belgrave Road, London SW1V 1RB, Phone:
08458942536 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we may have to contact you to confirm we have your correct details.
You can also unsubscribe yourself from our email updates by selecting the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all update emails and following the instructions.
You can also unsubscribe yourself to stop receiving SMS from Refugee Action, by replying STOP to any SMS we send you.
Please note: If you make a donation, take part in a campaign activity or request information you will receive a once-off transactional email about that activity for your records.
How do we protect your personal information?
On the Refugee Action websites, all of the donation and campaign action forms on our websites are via our accounts with third party donation and data capture specialists Engaging Networks and Rapid Data, with payment processing by PayPal. We also use the fundraising platforms Just Giving and Virgin Giving, which allows our supporters to raise money on our behalf.
All the forms on these systems use SSL encryption to ensure that the information is encrypted. SSLis a more secure form of transmission to send data across the internet.
Please note that while we have taken every appropriate measure to secure your data, transmission of information over the Internet is never 100% secure so while we take all possible precautions, we can’t 100% guarantee the security of any information you submit to us via our website.
We also take all appropriate measures to ensure that any personal information we receive is kept on secured servers. Access to our servers is restricted to a small team of trained staff, who require a special login account to access the data.
Do we store your payment details?
We do not keep the card payment details of any donations from our website, SMS or our profiles on the JustGiving, VirginGiving or CAF fundraising platforms.
If you make a donation with a credit or debit card via post or phone, we process this payment via our PayPal Business account and do not keep a record of your card details make the payment.
What we do keep a record of is how much you donated, the date it was donated, you name and contact details so we can send you a receipt and make sure we have your correct donation amount, in case you have an enquiry about your donations at a later date.
Do we disclose the information we collect about you to other organisations?
As previously mentioned, Refugee Action (all of its staff and volunteers) and our third party service providers who supply our donation, registration and campaign functionality on our website and SMS, are not able to disclose or share information, without prior consent from you.
However, there may be some cases that we will share the personal data of our supporters:
Request from law enforcement agency or court
We may need to disclose your information if required to do so by law or in response to a court order or law enforcement agency
In exceptional circumstances, where we think someone is at serious risk of being harmed or in immediate danger, we may contact the police, a local health or relevant safeguarding team to intervene.
If you have actively indicated to us that you are willing to share your details with another organisation as part of activity you undertake with Refugee Action. This option will be indicated by a question asked by one of our staff or on our forms.
Right of access
You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal or casework information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise these rights please contact:
The Data Protection Manager, Refugee Action, Victoria Charity Centre, 11 Belgrave Road, LondonSW1V 1RB or email email@example.com
In digital terms, a cookie is a small file that loads onto your web browser. It helps us provide you with a good online experience as it is the standard way of distinguishing you from other website users, and provides us with anonymous statistics we can use to improve our website.
If you want to prevent our cookies being stored on your web browser, you may do so by referring to instructions for the web browser that you use. You can do this by clicking on the ‘Help’ menu in your web browser.
Please note, that if you disable our cookies, some functions on our website may be impaired or unable to be used.
We have listed the details of the cookies we currently use on our website, our Cookies and Third Party tools section at the end of this statement, in accordance with the UK implementation of the European e-Privacy Directive (2009/136/EC).
Do we use third party platforms or tools on our websites?
To offer the range of services and options that many of our website visitors and supporters require, we use a range of third party tools. You can find a list of these tools and what we use them for at the end of this statement.
Do we refund donations?
Under the UK Charity Commission rules donations can only be refunded in exceptional circumstances, for example Refugee Action making an administrative error such as accidently taking two payments instead of one.
Please be aware that errors of this nature will normally be settled by your bank and credit/debit card issuer who will then claim the money back from us. If you believe we have made an error, please contact our Supporter Care team 08458942536 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions of the use for our websites, social media and SMS
Thank you for visiting our websites and connecting us via social media profiles or SMS.
If you continue to use our websites, engage with us on social media or use our SMS tool, you are agreeing to comply with, and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use.
The term “Refugee Action” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is the Victoria Charity Centre, 11 Belgrave Road, London SW1V 1RB. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our websites, social media profiles or SMS platforms
This website is the official website of Refugee Action. The term websites includes any official microsites that Refugee Action also runs.
All elements of these sites are the property of Refugee Action. Including but not limited to its name, trademarks, logos design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, is Copyright of Refugee Action, which is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales, [No 0159354], with its registered office at First Floor, Victoria Charity Centre, 11 Belgrave Road, London SW1V 1RB. Refugee Action is also a registered charity, [No 283660].
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- Our website, social media and SMS communications can contain material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, photography and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited without the prior consent of Refugee Action.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites, social media account or online content. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s), accounts or content. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s), accounts or content.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- Our website may include links to websites run by other organisations. Refugee Action is not responsible for the privacy practices of other organisations’ websites so you should read their privacy policies carefully.
Refugee Action currently has an official profile on the following social media channels:
Our social media content and channels are a place for Refugee Action to share the work we do to support refugees and asylum seekers in the UK, enable the public to join us to support our work, as well as celebrating the contribution of refugees and asylum seekers to the UK.
It is also a place where the public can participate in meaningful discussions or comments about the issues that affect refugees and asylum seekers based in the UK.
We value freedom of speech on our digital spaces. However, we want to ensure we foster a safe, open, friendly space where everyone feels free to express their opinions on the issues that matter to them, without harassing or causing hurt to others.
Refugee Action won’t tolerate behaviour within our social media channels or website that could be described as hate speech, trolling, spamming or bullying.
Refugee Action considers the following behaviour and content as unacceptable. We reserve the right to block, delete or remove any comment, post or content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, encourages violence or incites hatred
- Involves swearing, name-calling, personal attacks or other anti-social behaviour
- Includes video or images that our community may find distressing (graphic violence, for example)
- An attempt to sell or promote a product or event not associated with Refugee Action and our activities
- Is in a language other than English, as we can’t always vouch for the suitability of these posts
- Racist, sexist, homophobic, discriminatory of a person’s religion, nationality or disability
- Defamatory to a person or organisation
If a social media user persists in this behaviour, we reserve the right to block or ban them from accessing our social media channel and, if necessary, report their behaviour to the relevant social media channel or the police, without warning.
What to do if you are concerned about post or comment on a Refugee Action social media channel?
We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium. However, we are a small team and may not see every post as soon as it appears.
If you are concerned about a social media post, please let us know by emailing email@example.com. If possible with a link or screenshot of the post, comment or content in question.
Refugee Action cannot be held liable for the comments shared by the public via any of our social media channels.
Any retweet, share, like or favourite by a Refugee Action social media account does not equal an official endorsement.
If you utilise our SMS donation service, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
- By texting, you are giving us your number and agreeing to future communication from us by SMS or phone call
- Please seek the bill payer’s permission before your text a donation to Refugee Action
- Your mobile phone bill will be charged the donation amount your selected (i.e. £3, £5 or £10) plus the cost of one message at your standard network rate. For texts where donations are not being made, you will be charged the cost of one message at your standard network rate.
- You can unsubscribe from SMS updates from Refugee Action at any time by simply texting STOP to 70800. Alternatively you can contact our Supporter Care team during business hours at firstname.lastname@example.org or 08458942536
- To stop receiving telephone calls from Refugee Action to your mobile, please contact our Supporter Care team on 08458942536 or email email@example.com during business hours.
- Our SMS service is provided by Cymba Integrated Solutions Ltd.
List and description of the Cookies and third party tools used on refugee-action.org.uk
We use Google Analytics to measure what people do on our site. It is the most common analytics tool used by websites around the world, and we use it to check things like, which pages of our website are the most popular, or which browsers or devices people use. Google Analytics ensures that we are delivering a website that provides the information and resources that our visitors want, in a format that is easy for them to use.
Third Party platforms
To support our digital communication, fundraising and campaign efforts we utilise some third party platforms that provide Refugee Action with secure, efficient and effective ways to deliver our programs. Our Data and Privacy Statement and process apply to all of our third party tools.
Engaging Networks is an eCRM tool that manages donations, event registration, campaign actions and email marketing for leading charities around the world. Refugee Action uses Engaging Networks for single-gift donations, campaign actions and to manage our email marketing & communications to supporters. All donations made via Engaging Networks account are processed via our PayPal Pro account.
Charities Aid Foundation
The Charities Aid Foundation provides the public with a way to donate to their charity of choice without having to contact the charity. Donations can be made anonymously.
Cymba Integrated Services
Cymba Integrated Services provides the ability for supporters to make single or regular donations via their phone bill to Refugee Action
JustGiving provides the general public to fundraise or donate money to Refugee Action, with the money donated being sent to Refugee Action.
RapidData provides the functionality for our supporters to set up a regular direct debit donation.
SurveyMonkey is an online survey tool that can collect information and opinions from the public or supporters of an organisation.
TypeForm is a data capture and quiz tool that allows us to share information and run quizzes on our website.
VirginGiving provides the general public to fundraise or donate money to Refugee Action, with the money donated being sent to Refugee Action
Inspectlet records user behaviour on our website to help us understand how people find the information they need on the site. This helps us to improve our website so information is easy to find and relevant to the people using it.
Changes to our Data, Privacy and Terms and Conditions Statement
Refugee Action reserves the right to amend any part of our Data, Privacy and Terms and Conditions statement. The latest version will be available on our website so please check from time to time. By continuing to use the website you will be deemed to have accepted any changes.