Hampton Court Palace Half Marathon 2021 Terms and Conditions
- By registering for the Event, you are agreeing to the below terms and conditions.
- Participants pledge to raise the minimum sponsorship of £300. Participants understand that 100% of my sponsorship must be paid to Refugee Action within 6 weeks after the event date. I understand that to secure my place in Team Humanity for the Hampton Court Half Marathon, I must reach 50% of my fundraising target by 1 month prior to the event, otherwise my place could be offered to another fundraiser.
- Participants agree that if they have not paid the minimum amount to Refugee Action within 6 weeks of completing the event they may be asked make up the shortfall themselves.
- The registration deposit is not refundable.
- Participants agree to inform Refugee Action immediately if they are unable to take part in the event.
- Refugee Action will use your provided contact details to communicate with you about the event, including fundraising tips and case studies from our work.
- By taking part in this event you consent to being filmed and/or photographed by Refugee Action. The rights to any such footage or photographs will be owned by Refugee Action. Refugee Action may use the footage or photographs for future advertising and promotion. If you do not want your image to be used you can let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must carry out your fundraising in accordance with the guidelines set out in the Refugee Action fundraising guide, which will be sent out to you following confirmation of your registration.
- Refugee Action cannot take responsibility for any injury, losses or damage caused or sustained as a result of fundraising events held in aid of Refugee Action. Is it the responsibility of the event organiser, to comply with legal and safety regulations. The event organiser is The Hampton Court Half Marathon.
- The event which you are registering for is physically challenging and may pose a risk of discomfort, illness, injury, and even death. You need to be satisfied that you are physically capable of doing the event without undue risk to your health or life. We do not conduct health or fitness checks on entrants and the responsibility for your ability to participate in the event is with you as the participant.
- As the Events are external to Refugee Action, Refugee Action shall not be liable for any loss or damage that participants suffer as a result of taking part in the Events.
- Participants must read and agree to the Terms and Conditions set by The Hampton Court Half Marathon.
Updated T&Cs (Coronavirus):
In the event of the cancellation of the Hampton Court Half Marathon due to COVID-19, Refugee Action will inform you as soon as possible. Where possible, we will offer participants the chance to defer their place for a year or a place in an alternative challenge event.
- If sponsorship money was given on the condition you complete the event, and the event is cancelled, or you do not complete the event, then you must contact donors and ask if they are still happy for sponsorship monies to go Refugee Action. If they do not wish for their sponsorship money to go to Refugee Action in this circumstance, then the donation must be refunded to the relevant donors. If the sponsorship money was given without any conditions attached, and the event is cancelled, or you do not complete the event, the money should be paid to Refugee Action and there is no obligation to contact or confirm this with donors.