1 X Gateway Team Administrator (35 hours per week)
1 X Group Work and Language Administrator (24.5 hours per week)
£23,836 per annum (pro rata for part time post)
We are looking for two Administrators to join our Gateway Resettlement Service in Manchester. There has never been a more crucial time to stand up to the injustice facing refugees and people seeking asylum in the UK.
Refugee Action is a national charity, dedicated to fighting for the rights of refugees and people seeking asylum in the UK. We have more than 35 years’ experience providing face to face support to people who’ve survived some of the world’s worst regimes. We draw on this experience to work with partners, parliamentarians and others to campaign for change, so that all refugees and people seeking asylum can access the help and support that they need to live with dignity and build a new life in the UK.
The Gateway Resettlement Programme is the UK’s humanitarian refugee resettlement programme. Funded by the Home Office and European Commission, the programme provides protection to some of the world’s most vulnerable refugees who are resettled in the UK on a co-ordinated basis. The Gateway Service works across Greater Manchester with key Local Authority and housing provider stakeholders.
As Team Administrator you will provide administrative support to your respective Team, delivering a service to refugees arriving to the resettlement programme and living in the region. This will include developing administrative systems and ensuring monitoring information is accurate.
To succeed in this role you will have:
• Insight into the needs, experiences and hopes of refugees and asylum seekers.
• Experience and understanding of cultural diversity and the ability to work with people from a range of different cultures.
• Experience of office administration practices and systems including developing and maintaining effective administrative systems and procedures (computerised and manual)
• Good IT skills including ability to type, accurately enter data and to use and develop computer systems (spreadsheets/databases/reports).
• Experience and skills of organising and servicing meetings including taking minutes.
• Ability to manage and prioritise own workload and take initiative where necessary.
For more information and to apply, please click the ‘download application’ link.
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com by 09:00am on the closing date.
Those with lived experience as a refugee are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 09:00am, Monday 1st April 2019
Interviews: Thursday 25th April and Friday 26th April 2019Closing date: 1 April 2019 at 9:00 am