Birmingham, Bradford, Liverpool, London or Manchester
£27,741 per annum pro rata plus £3,717 Inner London Weighing pro rata if based from London
Part time – 21 hours per week
Refugee Action is a national charity, dedicated to fighting for the rights of refugees in the UK.
There has never been a more crucial time to stand up to the injustice facing refugees and people seeking asylum in the UK. With more than 35 years’ experience providing face to face advice, and an established record of changing government policy, we help people who’ve survived some of the world’s worst regimes to secure the protection and support that they need to live with dignity and build a new life in the UK.
We’re looking for an EbE Employment Experience Coordinator to design, develop and coordinate a volunteer programme, which helps develop the skills and knowledge of individuals with lived experience of the UK asylum or refugee resettlement systems (EbEs) in relation to a UK work environment. As Employment Experience Coordinator you’ll recruit and support volunteer participants to the programme and offer 1:1 support as well as coordinating and delivering a wider training and development programme. The purpose of this post is to increase the likelihood of those supported by the project to find employment within Refugee Action and elsewhere.
To succeed in this role you will have:
• Experience of recruiting, training and effectively supporting volunteers.
• Ability to assess individual volunteer support needs and put in place appropriate development and support plans.
• Knowledge and experience of supporting people to access employment or volunteering opportunities in the UK.
• Insight into the needs, hopes and experiences of asylum seekers and refugees.
• Deep understanding of the challenges and barriers facing refugees and/or asylum seekers entering the UK job market and the support needed to overcome.
For more information and to apply, please click the ‘download application’ link.
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com by 09:00am on the closing date.
Those with lived experience as a refugee are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 09:00am, Friday 6th November 2020
Interviews: Tuesday 24th November 2020 via ZoomClosing date: 6 November 2020 at 9:00 am