Full-time – 35 hours per week
Permanent, subject to continued funding
This post will require travel across the areas of Birmingham and Solihull.
Drawing on over 40 years’ experience of refugee resettlement; Refugee Action are continuing to work across the West Midlands and Northwest to welcome refugees to the region. We are looking for a committed, compassionate and motivated individuals to join us as Educational Placement Coordinator.
This position will involve providing support to newly arrived refugees by advocating for refugee children, young people and families arriving through the Resettlement Programme. The aim is to advise individuals on the school admissions process and helping them to secure suitable schools, early years and / or college places. This involves co-operating with a range of agencies.
With a focus on fostering independence and respect for the culture, personal history and situation of service users, you will have experience of working with children and young people’s educational, health and care needs.
Along with the above, you will also have:
• An understanding of the issues facing refugees during integration and the barriers they face in accessing services.
• Experience of advocating on behalf of vulnerable groups and/or individuals.
• Experience of negotiating with Schools and other bodies to secure Education placements for children.
• Experience of working with professionals collaboratively and in multi-disciplinary settings.
• Knowledge of the Education system in the UK and Schools Admissions, and ability to communicate this to refugees.
• An understanding of Refugee Communities and insight into how to collaborate with them and with partners able to support them.
• Experience and understanding of supporting volunteers to deliver services to clients.
“Please contact Mohammed Aftab on 07702 902 169 if you have any questions about this vacancy or if you would like to speak with the recruiting manager”
If you have any queries regarding the process and application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Those with lived experience as a refugee are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 23:59 Monday 4th July 2022
Interviews: 12th July 2022 and 13th July 2022 on Zoom
Advice on completing your application