£31,371 per annum (pro rata) plus £3,614 Inner London Weighting (pro rata) if based from London
Part time – 14 hours per week
Birmingham, Bradford, London or Manchester with frequent travel across the UK
At Refugee Action, we have a vision of a UK in which refugees and people seeking asylum will be welcome, can get justice, live free of poverty and successfully rebuild their lives. We empower refugees and people seeking asylum to influence both our work, the issues that matter to them and decisions made by government and we are a trusted partner for others who share our vision.
Over the last 3 years, we have provided life-changing support to more than 3,000 resettled refugees and 8,000 people seeking asylum, strengthened the work of more than 140 charities, and secured important changes in government policy and practice on English language provision and support for asylum seekers at risk of destitution. We want to do far more to learn from and shift power to refugees and people seeking asylum. It’s an exciting time to be part of Refugee Action as we work towards achieving our 3-year strategy objectives (2019-22) through securing systemic change through our campaigns to change government policies, our direct services, and our work to strengthen and connect other service delivery organisations.
We’re looking for a Facilities Manager to lead on all facilities related activities across our UK offices.
To succeed in this role you will have:
• Insight into the needs hopes and experiences of refugees and asylum seekers.
• A thorough understanding of facilities management
• Strong project management skills
• Two years’ experience of office administration including using computer systems (Word, Excel, database), bespoke databases and setting up and maintaining effective administrative systems and procedures (computerised and manual)
• Working knowledge of finance payment and invoicing systems
• Experience of successfully managing and prioritising own workload
For more information and to apply, please click the ‘download application’ link.
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com by 09:00am on the closing date.
Those with lived experience as a refugee are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 09:00am, Monday 2nd March 2020
Interviews: Friday 13th March 2020 in LondonClosing date: 2 March 2020 at 9:00 am