Liverpool City Region Resettlement Service Manager
£35,934 per annum
Full time – 35 hours per week
12 month fixed term maternity cover contract
At Refugee Action, we have a vision of a UK in which refugees and people seeking asylum will be welcome, can get justice, live free of poverty and successfully rebuild their lives. We empower refugees and people seeking asylum to influence both our work, the issues that matter to them and decisions made by government and we are a trusted partner for others who share our vision.
Over the last 3 years, we have provided life-changing support to more than 3,000 resettled refugees and 8,000 people seeking asylum, strengthened the work of more than 140 charities, and secured important changes in government policy and practice on English language provision and support for asylum seekers at risk of destitution. We want to do far more to learn from and shift power to refugees and people seeking asylum. It’s an exciting time to be part of Refugee Action as we work towards achieving our 3-year strategy objectives (2019-22) through securing systemic change through our campaigns to change government policies, our direct services, and our work to strengthen and connect other service delivery organisations.
We’re looking for a Resettlement Service Manager to manage and have responsibility for Refugee Action’s part of the resettlement of refugees in Liverpool City Region. You’ll provide overall management and leadership of the team and ensure that Refugee Action’s vision, values and culture remain key in the planning, development and management of staff, volunteers and the service itself.
To succeed in this role you will have:
• Insight into the needs, hopes and experiences of resettled refugees, especially the main barriers to successful resettlement
• Excellent management skills and experience of providing support and supervision to staff and volunteers in an emotionally demanding environment
• Evidence of excellent partnership and negotiation skills, especially with Local Authorities, and the ability to work constructively and demonstrate influence and leadership with a wide range of external agencies, voluntary, statutory and private sector.
• Excellent contract and financial management skills, especially relating to services with complex financial auditing requirements
• Ability to develop new activities and projects and to raise income for them
For more information and to apply, please click the ‘download application’ link.
The post is offered on a full time 12 month fixed term maternity cover basis. The post-holder is entitled to 12 months maternity leave, but may return at any point during this period with appropriate notice.
Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 09:00am on the closing date.
Those with lived experience as a refugee are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 09:00am, Tuesday 3rd March 2020
Interviews: Thursday 19th March 2020 in LiverpoolClosing date: 3 March 2020 at 9:00 am