£27,741 per annum.pro rata. Plus, Inner London Weighting (£3,717) if based in London
This post can be based in any of Refugee Action’s offices in London, Birmingham, Bradford or Manchester or Home based. This post will require some travel
17.5 hours per week with flexible working options
This is an exciting time for Refugee Action. Our front-line services benefitted over 5,000 people last year. Our campaigns and good practice teams are achieving systemic change. The vision that drives us is that refugees and people seeking asylum will be welcome in the UK, will get justice, live free of poverty and be able to successfully rebuild their lives.
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated, empathetic, experienced professional people to work in supportive culture that values collaboration, diversity and empowerment. Reporting directly to the Working English Project Manager, you will:
Recruit, train and supervise Working English Project volunteers in both group and 1:1 employability mentoring roles, to support refugees and other eligible migrants to better understand the UK work environment and increase levels of employability, including functional, ‘working English’ language skills.
Support the Working English Project Team in coordinating an online employability mentoring programme to increase confidence and self-esteem through 1:1 goal focused mentoring and coaching support
Along with the above, you will also have:
• An understanding of the experiences and barriers facing people seeking asylum, newly granted refugees and vulnerable migrants who are seeking employment
• Experience and understanding of recruiting, training and supporting volunteers to deliver services to clients.
• Ability to develop materials and resources to support volunteers in carrying out their role.
• Understanding of and commitment to service user involvement and fostering independence.
• Experience of developing partnerships and working with other organisations in the development of volunteer opportunities both within Refugee Action and externally for clients.
If you have any queries regarding the process and application, please send an email to email@example.com
Those with lived experience as a refugee are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 09:00am, 23rd September 2021
Advice on completing your application