RAS Voice is a campaign group represented by refugees and people seeking asylum supported by Refugee Action. The purpose of the group is to campaign for the better asylum system and influence the Home Office to make the refugee protection system which is just, compassionate and effective.
We are looking for refugees/people seeking asylum who are passionate about the campaign work and want to join our brilliant EbE network.
What are the main duties?
- Attending the RAS Voice meetings regularly
- Participating in the group campaign projects/discussions
- Representing the group internally and externally
- Depending on your interests being a spokesperson of the group in media.
- Participating in research projects
- Collaborating with external EBE groups
RAS Voice Structure:
RAS Voice members will have an opportunity to join the working hubs depending on this personal interest, improve their skills and deliver a successful campaign about the current UK asylum system.
- For RAS Voice members who are particularly interested to develop their parliamentary knowledge and skills.
- For RAS Voice members who are particularly interested to develop their knowledge and skills in developing digital communication.
Policy & Research Hub:
- For RAS Voice members who want to develop research and policy work both for Refugee Action and RAS Voice campaigns.
- For RAS Voice members who want to attend regular media training throughout the year with RAS Voice and also contribute to the EBE podcast work.
To enquire or apply for this volunteer role, please contact AnaA@refugee-action.org.uk